Valentine’s Day is less than two weeks away, so whether you’re dating or in a relationship, you might be feeling the pressure to do something special to commemorate the day. It’s astonishing how difficult it is to come up with Valentine’s Day ideas. Some couples are content with simply going out to a favorite restaurant for dinner or remaining at home and binge-watching their favorite TV show while cuddling on the couch.
You might want to organize a more unusual Valentine’s Day date if your sweetheart enjoys surprises or more out-of-the-box events. Are you stumped as to what to do for Valentine’s Day? Continue reading for romantic and humorous Valentine’s Day ideas that will make your loved one feel special and cherished.
What Are Some Valentine’s Day Activities?
Valentine’s Day celebrations don’t have to be extravagant or last all day. Make the day memorable by planning a simple activity or something out of the norm. Here are some suggestions for Valentine’s Day activities:
- Attend a drive-in movie or make your own using a projector.
- Recreate your first date with your partner, either by going back to the same location or recreating it at home or in another fashion.
- Take a spin class, yoga class, or another type of exercise with your partner.
- Visit a museum or an art display as a couple.
- Attend a live music performance, a jazz show, or an open mic night at a pub.
- Let’s go karaoke together.
- Try your hand at making unusual cocktails by taking a mixology class together.
- Attend a wine or chocolate tasting.
- Together, try an escape room.
- Indoor rock climbing is a fun activity.
- Compete against other couples at a neighborhood bar’s trivia night or in board games.
- Try your hand at bowling.
- Volunteering as a group
- Make a reservation at a posh hotel.
- Consider glamping.
- Go ice skating or rollerblading.
- Take a night hike to a remote location, have dessert, and then sit back and stargaze together.
- Enroll in a ballroom dance lesson.
- Make s’mores over a campfire or patio fire.
- Attend a stand-up comedy show or a comedy club in your area.
- Go to an old-fashioned arcade and play some games.
- Attend a paint and sip session or make your own at home.
- Visit a nearby ski resort at night for some night skiing.
How Can I Make His Valentine’s Day Extra Special?
Valentine’s Day is commonly focused on women – girlfriends, fiancees, wives, and moms — to the point where the phrase “Galentine’s Day” has been coined to encourage women to express their love for one another, especially if they are single. However, many guys still appreciate a romantic or beautiful gesture on Valentine’s Day, and if you’re a woman, man, or non-binary person in a relationship with a man, you may make his Valentine’s Day extra special. Here are some Valentine’s Day gift suggestions for men:
- Prepare his favorite dish.
- Attend a wine or beer tasting event.
- Take him to a sporting event, a concert, or a performance.
- Attend a stand-up comedy show.
- Go for a hike, a bike ride in the day, or an outdoor excursion.
- Give him a back rub.
- Make a playlist for him with the songs you both enjoy.
- Make a slideshow of your two adorable photos.
- Make plans for a weekend excursion with your friends.
- Play pool and bar games at a sports bar.
- Take him to lunch and surprise him at work.
- Make a fun photoshoot for him.
- Make him homemade chocolate-covered strawberries.
- Have lunch brought to his place of business.
- Enjoy a charcuterie board with wine, cheese, and fruit with your friends.
- Make him a gift basket or buy him a ready-made one. Gift basket for Valentine’s Day
- Make a love letter, a song, or a story for him.
- Even if you don’t enjoy it, join him in one of his favorite pastimes.
- Make a special lunch for him to take to work.
- Make a cameo appearance for him from someone he admires.
- Set up a scavenger hunt for him, complete with clues that only he will understand, and finish with a romantic present, picnic, or other surprise.
How Can I Make Her Valentine’s Day Extra Special?
While many women claim that they don’t care about Valentine’s Day or that they don’t want to do anything special to commemorate the occasion, doing something special for your girlfriend, fiancee, or wife on the holiday can make her feel unique and appreciated. Consider one of the following suggestions if your girlfriend or wife prefers experiences over Valentine’s Day gifts:
- Give her a foot or back massage, or book a professional spa day for her.
- Try your hand at cooking a special dessert for her.
- At the end of the day, surprise her at work and whisk her away to a beautiful supper.
- Cook a special dinner by ordering a meal kit delivery box.
- Take her out to see the stars.
- Take a lesson together to learn how to make confections.
- Make her breakfast in bed or take her to a nearby breakfast joint.
- Make a scrapbook of your connection for her to look through.
- Take her on a trip somewhere in town that you don’t often visit.
- Set up a wine and chocolate tasting party at your house.
What Can You Do on Valentine’s Day at Home?
To have a fantastic Valentine’s Day, you don’t have to go out to an expensive and probably busy restaurant, bar, or other public business. There are a variety of at-home Valentine’s Day ideas available, ranging from romantic and intimate Valentine’s Day ideas to fun and entertaining activities. Many couples prefer to celebrate Valentine’s Day with a simple date right at home since a peaceful night in together may be just as memorable — if not more so. Here are a few suggestions:
- A romantic spa night complete with massages or a bubble bath
- preparing a nice meal together
- Writing and singing songs or poems for each other
- Sharing recollections or reminiscing over photos
- Playing cards, board games, or video games
- Turning your living room or kitchen into a foreign nation and eating cuisine and practicing activities native to that location to transport yourself around the world.
- Playing instruments, singing, or making music together is a fun way to spend time with your friends.
- Having a popcorn and candy movie night
- Laughing out loud
- Art and craft projects
- Whether you’re making cookies, cupcakes, or bread,
- Creating cocktail recipes
- In the backyard, having a picnic
- Sunset Observation
- Breakfast is served in bed.
- Each other’s drawings or paintings
- preparing fondue
- Whether you’re looking for takeout or delivery, we’ve got you covered.
- Yoga class with a friend